State of war may refer to:
- a state of war is the situation when two or more states are at war with each other, with or without a real armed conflict
- State of War (2006), a book by James Risen which makes numerous controversial allegations about Central Intelligence Agency activities
- State of War (game), a real-time strategy game, developed by Cypron Studios and published by Crystal Interactive in 2001
- The State of War (Polish: Stan Wojenny) (1981-1983), when the government of the People's Republic of Poland drastically restricted normal life in an attempt to crush political opposition
- State of War (novel), the first novel by Filipino author Ninotchka Rosca.
- State of War web game, a free web based community for strategy games.
See also Edit
- Declaration of war, a formal declaration issued by a national government indicating that a state of war exists
- Perpetual war, a war with no clear ending conditions
- United Kingdom
- Secretary of State for War (1794-1801, 1854-1964), was a British cabinet-level position
- Secretary of State for War and the Colonies (1801-1854), was a British cabinet-level position
- Under-Secretary of State for War
- Under-Secretary of State for War and the Colonies
- Secretary of State for War (France), one of the four or five specialized secretaries of state in France during the Ancien Régime
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.